Sunday, June 21, 2015

A fun experience


 Gary and I went to a fun concert Friday night with a group of friends.  Mark Lowery, the Martins and pianist Whitmire. Mark was so funny and what a voice.  He spoke of how he got his beginng with The Gaithers and how he introduced the Martins to the Gaithers.  I believe it was their mother who, at a concert handed Mark a "cassette" of her children singing. He shared it with Gloria and they were launched!


Mark told the crowd,  "you musicians need to always have a cassette of your songs with you and hand them to any artist you have an opportunity. That was a perfect opening for me to get my songs into someones hands.  I nudged Gary, " Go out and get one of my cds of the newest songs I've written." Being the good husband he is he jumped up , ran out and brought one in to me.

At the end of the concert as Mark was sitting on his chair signing autographs when it was my turn I said, "Sorry Mark, I don't have a cassette, but will my CD work for you?"  He laughed and said, ""sure enough, we will listen to it in the bus!".  

Say a little prayer for me that he likes one enough to want to record it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment